Online Traffic School Lets You Save 9% on Traffic Citations
Florida Legislation Now Lets You Reduce Your Traffic Ticket, Avoid Court Appearances, and Eliminate Points
Effective January 1, 2019, Florida legislation section 318.14(9) now lets you reduce your traffic citation, avoid points, and avoid court appearances with a DHSMV-approved driver improvement course, like ours. You'll also avoid insurance increases!
How to Determine if You Are Eligible:
You may not elect to attend a driver improvement course if you've attended one in the preceding 12 months, and you cannot make more than 5 elections for a course in your lifetime. Additionally, when you ticket was issued, you must not have a commercial driver's license or commercial learner's permit.
If your citation is for any of the following, taking a driver improvement course does not apply:
- Violating the posted speed limit when the driver exceeds the posted speed limit by 30 miles per hour or more
- Not carrying the vehicle's certificate of registration while the vehicle is in use
- Operating a motor vehicle with an expired registration
- Operating a motor vehicle with a driver's license expired for 6 months or less; and
- Operating a motor vehicle without carrying a driver's license
Visit the Florida Senate website to read more about these legislation changes.